Wavlink Firmware Update Download: All You Need to Know
Regularly performing firmware updates on a Wavlink WiFi range extender ensures that the device runs well. But, is it the only benefit of doing Wavlink firmware update download? Do you really need to upgrade your Wavlink extender? Why is the firmware update given so much importance? How to carry out the upgrade process? This post has answered all such questions perfectly. Read on.
Why to Do Wavlink Firmware Update Download?
If you are new to the world of networking devices, then know that the firmware is a software embedded in any WiFi device that controls its overall performance. You can also conclude that “firmware” is a fancy term for software. With every update rolled out in the market, alterations to the working code of the extender are done. This is done so that the user will be able to enjoy the features housed by the Wavlink extender’s contemporaries. It aims to introduce the user’s experience with the range extender and eliminate the need of buying new WiFi devices every time a new technology is introduced.
Thus, the primary advantage of doing Wavlink firmware update download is that it enhances the user’s internet experience and is a reliable option to make pace with the devices running on the latest features. In addition to that, performing Wavlink extender firmware update reduces response time and fixes minor bugs and errors that your device might encounter while functioning. Furthermore, it also focuses on adding security features to the extender. All in all, it is a healthy process that escalates the user’s internet usage experience. One can perform a firmware update on the range extender by accessing the wifi wavlink com or ap.setup web address.
How to Do Wavlink Firmware Update Download?
The previous section intended to enlighten you about the importance of performing Wavlink WiFi extender firmware update. Now, walk through the important points disclosed in this section and learn how to perform firmware update on the range extender:
1. Connect Wavlink Extender and Router
The Wavlink firmware update download process first demands you connect the extender and router. For this:
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Insert one end of the cable into the main router’s LAN port and the other into the range extender’s WAN port.
- Be sure that the connection created by you is not shaky and the cable is non-damaged.
2. Perform Wavlink Extender Login
Once you are done with the extender-router connection, consider performing Wavlink extender login. Here’s what you need to do:
- Load an internet browser like Chrome or Safari on your PC and navigate to the address field.
- Input ap.setup or wifi.wavlink.com and hit Enter.
- The Wavlink extender’s login portal will welcome you.
- Open this portal with the key named the extender’s login password and select Login.
3. Download the Firmware File
Once you get logged in to the range extender via the default password, consider downloading the firmware file. Therefore:
- Open a new tab on the web browser.
- Download the extender’s firmware file depending on its model number.
- Save it at the most convenient location on the PC.
4. Upload the Wavlink Firmware File
After saving the firmware file of your range extender, you are supposed to upload it on the Wavlink dashboard. Therefore, get back to the tab where you’ve just performed ap.setup Wavlink login and:
- Locate the Setup tab and click the Firmware Upgrade option.
- You will come across a window named “Upgrade Firmware”.
- Click the Browse button and locate the firmware file.
- Once found, select it and click the Apply button.
- The firmware update process of the extender will get completed in a few moments.
That’s all about the Wavlink firmware update download. We are hopeful that now you know the importance and process of carrying it out. However, while executing the process, avoid powering down your range extender. In case you face any issues during the Wavlink WiFi extender firmware update, consider getting in touch with our experts.