Instructions to Change Wavlink WiFi Extender Password
The default login password of a Wavlink WiFi extender is available on the internet and hence there is a high possibility that your home network can be hacked. That is why, changing the default Wavlink WiFi extender password is what experts recommend. Given in this post are the steps that will help you assign a new password to your range extender. However, we would like to warn you that the newly created password of your range extender must be strong and is supposed to satisfy the following parameters:
- The extender’s password must contain alphanumeric characters plus symbols.
- Your extender’s admin passcode should not be as same as the password of your other accounts.
- Never think of using your WiFi password as the admin password.
- Drop the idea of putting a memorable keyboard path as the Wavlink WiFi extender password. For example, it should not be qwerty or zxcvb.
- Password must not contain repetitive characters.
- Avoid putting dictionary words to use while assigning a new extender password as they can also be easily guessed
- Do not use your personal details like phone number, spouse name, date of birth, etc. in the extender’s login passphrase.
- Common substitutions should also be avoided like 0 for O and 1 for I.
How to Change Wavlink WiFi Extender Password?
Now that you’ve learned the guidelines that a strong admin password must meet, it is time that we make you familiar with the instructions to assign it to your range extender. Here are the instructions that you’re supposed to follow to change the extender’s default login password via its default web address, i.e. wifi wavlink com:
- First of all, power up your Wavlink extender and connect it to the router.
- The extender-router connection can be wired or wireless.
- Open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on your computer.
- You can also proceed with Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, or a similar web browser.
- Position the cursor on the URL field of the extender.
- Reaching there, enter the default web address of your WiFi device.
- As soon as the Enter key is hit, you will find yourself on the extender’s admin page.
- Here, input the default Wavlink WiFi extender password.
- Select the language.
- Hit “Login”.
- Now, click the “Gear” icon. FYI, it is labeled as Setup.
- After that, select “Login Password”.
- The “Login Password” window will reveal itself.
- Here, you will see fields labeled “Old Password”, “New Password”, and “Confirm Password.”
- Enter the default password in the “Old Password” field.
- Input the password meeting the guidelines discussed above in the “New Password” field.
- Re-enter the same password in the “Confirm Password” field.
- Click Apply.
The new Wavlink WiFi extender password will take on the charge to unlock the extender’s dashboard from now onwards. Therefore, use it for future login attempts.
The Bottom Line
Changing the default admin password of the range extender is one of the most crucial steps toward ensuring the home network’s security. Since this post aimed to provide you with the instructions to change the default password of a Wavlink range extender, we hope that you’ve successfully executed the process. However, consider changing the password often because strong passwords may also get compromised if leaked online after a data breach.
Apart from changing the default Wavlink WiFi extender password, you should update the extender’s firmware, and change the wireless settings. Doing so will enhance further security. Furthermore, use wired connections wherever possible. The reason being, using too many wireless connections can make the extender’s security vulnerable. Just in case you need more help with the management process of your Wavlink extender, you can contact our experts at any hour of the day. They will be more than happy to assist you.